01 Apr La Gabrielle de l’Île d’Orléans potato salad
Posted at 16:30h in Receipes
|Prep. 20 minutes|
|Cooking time 10 minutes|
- 8 La Gabrielle de l’Île d’Orléans potatoes (approx. 1 lb.)
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 2 slices of bacon, cooked and chopped*
- 2 green onions, chopped
- ¼ cup (60ml) of mayonnaise (or one part natural yogurt)
- 2 tsp (10 ml) of Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the potatoes in quarters, do not peel. Add potatoes to a large pot with cold salted water, bring to a boil and cook for about 10 minutes or until tender, but still firm. Drain, transfer to a salad bowl and cool.
- In another bowl, combine all ingredients. Season. Refrigerate before serving, allowing time for the flavours to marry. Add parsley just before serving.
* Note: For a vegetarian version, substitute with paprika to taste.
Variation: Use 3 kinds of potatoes, La Gabrielle, La Raphaëlle . Top with goat cheese and lemon zest.
RECIPE TO DISCOVER ! “L’ÉPICERIE” TV-SHOW | RADIO-CANADA
Potato salad with La Gabrielle and La Raphaëlle de l’Île d’Orléans (in french)