01 Apr La Raphaëlle Italian scalloped potatoes
Posted at 15:52h in Receipes
|Servings 4 to 6|
|Prep. 20 minutes|
|Cooking time 60 minutes|
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) butter
- 1 clove of finely chopped garlic
- 907 g (2 lb) of La Raphaëlle de l’Île d’Orléans potatoes cut into thin slices
- 25 ml (5 tsp) of Balatti Italian Bouquet*
- 90 ml (6 tbsp.) butter
- 250 ml (1 cup) of grated medium cheddar
- 250 ml (1 cup) of 35% cooking cream
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F).
- Place garlic in individual gratin dishes or an 8″×8″ dish.
- In a bowl, mix the milk with the Balatti Italian Bouquet*.
- Place a layer of potato slices in the dish. Season with salt and pepper. Top with 2 tbsp. of the Balatti Italian Bouquet* infused milk. Add 2 tbsp. of grated cheddar.
- Repeat this step 4 times. For the fifth layer, pour the cream over the layers and top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake for 1 hour.
*Note: “Balatti Italian Bouquet” is a mildly spicy seasoning mix made from a gourmet blend of aromatic herbs reminiscent of aromas from an Italian countryside.
Source: Aliments du Québec